IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA charitable rollover is now permanent and is a terrific way to make a tax-free gift to Marietta College using your qualified retirement plan. This gift may also satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD).
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be age 70 ½ or older when the gift is made.
- Gifts must go directly from your IRA to Marietta College.
- Gifts must come from a traditional IRA or Roth IRA account.
- Gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per donor.
Benefits of an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift
- Gifts can satisfy your RMD without increasing your income taxes.
- You will not pay taxes on your IRA withdrawal when gifted to Marietta College.
- You may direct your gift to a Marietta College program or area of your choice.
- It is a wonderful way to create an immediate impact in the lives of students and their families.
The Office of Gift Planning can provide you with a letter to send to your IRA administrator to make an IRA charitable rollover.
For more information on this gift or any other of our gift planning options, please contact:
Jarrett S. Stull, MEd, CFRE
Toll Free: 888-540-7722
Director of Gift Planning & Major Gifts